Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wiring with a Weber

I've recently installed a Weber carb on my '81 hatch. In the process I removed the small wiring harness that went from two plugs near the passenger fender to several sensors around the engine bay. Most of them seem to be related to emissions control stuff for the Hitachi. There are only two things that I can figure out that I might want to keep. One is the water thermometer. The other I think is the oil pressure sensor on the front of the block near the bottom. Are there any other of these sensors that need to stay connected? The car runs great without any of them hooked up.

Did you put a electric choke type weber or does yours have the water choke?If you have the electric choke then you need to hook that up just like the wire that goes to the hitachi.Also those wires you were talking about that run to the passenger side are most likely as you said something to do with emissions.If yours was a feedback type.