Ultimate Subaru Message Board

This morning I get in the 05' Legacy started the car put on the seat belt, the light on the dash (seat belt) light went off and started off. The gong and the light on the over head module went on, I drove 42 miles with that thing gonging and the light flashing. I stopped and shut the car down, got out and restarted the car, same thing.

It seems as though part of the circuit (dash light) is working but the over head and gong are not, where are the conectors? Any Ideas?

There are switches in the seatbelt buckles for both driver and passenger.

Are you talking about the light on the for passenger airbag? There is a weight sensitive switch that is supposed to shut off the airbag for the passenger on that side. I found I can make my dad's 05' OB do what you are describing if I lift myself off the seat with the seatbelt off.

Did you have something heavy on the passengers seat? That could have set the switch so car though you had someone in the front seat with no seat belt on. Try connecting the passenger seatbelt and see what happens.

My 07' impreza has that now too. I'll try to remember to play around with it when I go for lunch today and see if I can get it to go off with something on the seat.

After looking at it in the daylight, it is the passenger seat. I tried fastening the passanger seatbelt, it stopped the chime and the light want out. I gess it the pressure switch. I have 48000 miles on the car so it's not a warranty issue.

Warranty or not, I like to know what is causing a problem.

I tried pressing on the passenger seat and was able to get in passenger airbag light to come on. You have to push very hard and I got bored holding it down, so I don't know if it will start beeping, but I expect it would. It takes a minute or so. I remember reading something about 45 or 55 pounds being the cutoff.

Check the connectors under the seat. They may have come loose.

Try sitting in the seat and bouncing up a down. The contacts on the switch might be corroded from not being used enough. I haven't seen what the switch looks like, or know what it is made of, so that is just a guess.

I was going to try and find a part#/price for a seat switch, but 1stsubaruparts.com seems to be down.