Ultimate Subaru Message Board

fuel pickup screen?

Okay, I had gotten the impression somehow that there was a fuel pickup screen on the intake for the EA-82 SPFI fuel pump. I just went, pinched off my line from the tank to the pump, and tried to see if I could clean mine out.

Now, I am precious low on fuel, and dont have a good sleection of tools; the only pair of vise grips here at my house totally failed to adequately pinch off my fuel line. Hoever, in the moment that I DID have to look, I didnt notice a pickup screen in the inlet of the pump.

Theres GOTTA be some sort of pre-pump screen.. where is it? on the tank side of the fuel pump supply line? if so, how do I check that, just set up a catch pan to catch all of my fuel that spills out?

I am off to do a search now, but thanks for any posts on the subject. Time saving, and all.

Ach, nevermind.... I did some searching, discovered that my impression was correct, found a better way to clamp the line off, and looked closer into the pump inlet with better light. I see the screen now.. but it isn't my problem.

Sigh. My problems never have these simple causes.....