Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Suggestions For My Gl-10

ScoobieRoo

Hey Guys,

I have a GL-10 Turbo FWD in Great shape, 125000 Kilometers

I've gone through another HG and I am sick of my EA82T The car is in great shape but I don't want to shell out the money for another HG job to have my engine eat it again.. whats the best thing to do.. I can get a good ej25 JDM for 1000 CDN shipped

Next Problem is I live in Victoria BC and have no clue who could help me with this job Cheers, Terrance

If you want to do an EJ swap make sure you get all the loom that is needed (engine to ecu basically) and the ECU with the engine..

If you get anything 95 or newer it will be OBDII, which makes it mo interesting to cut down the loom I hear.

If the EJ is a DOHC I believe it won't fit between the cars chassis rails.

Also you might not want more then a 2.2 N/A in a Fwd car.. Just a thought, I guess you can alway be light footed...

You would also need to do something about you radiator (you'll find plenty of info on that here if you look.) And you'll need the adapter plate and re-drill the flywheel.

Or with must more effort you can fit the AWD trans from an EM and the 4WD models rear end from a car like yours. Along with custom gearbox mounts and crossmembers and have AWD with no adapter plate and any EJ clutch..

Depends how much work you are willing to do. Just a N/A EJ20 woulf have more guts then your EA82t I would think..

Actually...

I just put a 2000 SOHC EJ25 into my Rx. Wiring was cake, not bad at all, not that much more work then an OBD1 or even an EA series car.

I also run my stock single row radiator:banana:

And I agree that any engine you get, get the harness and ECU as well... unless you want to get an aftermarket.