Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help with location of Keyless Entry Module

Hi, need help for a 2000 subaru outback wagon. Where is the keyless entry module located? I've seen some references to some subarus with the rectangluar module in the dash to the left of the steering column and above the fuse box. But that isn't where it is on the 2000, I checked. I've also seen some references to this or a security module located by the radio in the dash. But I swapped radios and didn't see anything there either. Can anyone tell me where the module is located for a 2000? Many thanks! - Subie_2000

Hey Porcupine, thanks a bunch. I would NOT have thought to look there! That's a long way from the door controls on the driver door! A question: Can I see it if I stick my head under the glovebox and look up? I'm not sure which unit it might be. Do I have to take out any part of the dash/glovebox to get to it? Many thanks - subie_2000

Ok cool! The Subaru service manuals have several special things like those arrows to indicate a nut to remove. There's other markings for 'selective' replacement parts which means you have to pick a shim or something that is the right size based on measurements or plastigage or whatever. Some are for fasteners that should be replaced any time they are removed, etc.

• Like 1