Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sounds like a good deal to me. I was given an EJ22, complete except for 2 injector plugs for free by a local shop when I went by to get the ol' GMC AG truck inspected (Brakes? Check. Brake lights? Check, Steering wheel? Check. Exhaust present? Check? Yeah it's there, but... Here's your sticker. Man I love the power of the Agricultural Plate).

The engine was out of a postal legacy. One shop thought it had rod knock, the owner brought it to this shop for an engine to be put in, they had prebought. This shop listened to it, thought it wasn't rod knock, but weren't 100% sure what it was. I listened to it, thought it might be cracked flexplate. Either way, they had to pull the motor, so they threw the other, lower milage motor in it. This motor was sitting on the pallet, with the cracked flexplate, the postal driver didn't want it, so the shop gave it to me. As I drove home, I saw the postal legacy delivering the mail, they probably wondered why I waved.

So me and konrad put it in my loyale yesterday. For an engine that has a million stop and go miles behind it, it runs awesome. Car ripps again. Burns rubber even... I'll have to watch myself. No keeping the right foot planted for miles at a time anymore. Hell, it pulls up over 80 in third.

Not bad for a free engine and one full day of work.

We did some other things, replaced an axle, made some adapters so the RHD manifold would play with the LHD power steering lines, replaced a steering coupler and other bits here and there.