Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Which Is Best??

Hi, I am trying to find a subaru brat here in the U.K and its proving difficult to find one in this area, so i was wondering what is the L-series(Loyale??) like to drive off-road and to learn how work on cars, and also what is a justy like to drive off-road and learn how to work on cars, it would just give me a better chance of finding a car if I like the sound of either or both os these two. Thanks

Neil

I know the L series ( Leone ,Loyale ) or EA82s here are super easy to work on..the basic model..the turbos can be abit of a handful though. Many members put a small lift on them and offroad all the time..One of thier downfalls are the lack of HP ( 90 hp) but they are still very capable offroaders but many solve the hp issue by swapping with an EJ22 ( Early Impreza, Legacy.)..I dont know about there in the UK but the Justy is alittle harder to work on ( 3 cylinder) and it is getting harder and harder to find parts for them. I dont know about offroading them though.

I am partial to the EA82s..I bought my current one 5 years ago and have learned a TON..and seldom am I intimidated to do any work on it.Unless it is the first time for an important part..but the members of this board are incredible and will walk you through step by step. The knowledge here can not be surpassed

thanks for the reply, my Dad has had 2 EA82's 2 brats and 2 EA81's, and when my neighbour whose a mechanic has repaired them hes always said it was easy enough to work on. But if i got an EA82 i could strip the interior out to try to make it a bit lighter which would help a little. But as i mentioned the main problem is finding one. If there was an EA82 i would go for it. Anyone got any info on the justy?? thanks

Neil