Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok, so I have a 1990 Legacy Wagon, I put a 2.0L block in it with 2.2t heads, legacy turbo, WRX intercooler, 3" exhaust, etc...

It's lowered a little now, but I am missing going on some rough roads, and would like to be able to go up some easier old logging roads....

Lift kits are pretty expensive, and I don't want to go too high with it, but I would like it to go off road somewhat ok, maybe like the yeti's outback....

Should I use outback suspension and forester springs

Use a lift kit

Or just leave it at it's 2" lowered status

Like to hear what you think-

Rick

I have a 90 Legacy Wag with the outback struts/springs upgrade.

Did it more for my disability than for off roading but that 2 extra inches is noticable at times.

I don't drag the trailer hitch in some of the places I did before the lift and the suspension is stiffer than stock so I can still corner fairly agressively.

Never been into low rides my self as I have a tendecy to be a curb jumper!!

It all depends on what you want. Low is not so good for even mild off roading but the higher you go the less stable the car will be at cornering.

You will have to decide what is your happy medium for both worlds.

Well, the car isn't too fast, it's probably about a 17 second car. I like how my mom's outback rides, and wouldn't mind if mine sat up that high....or even a bit higher...

The Outback feels really stable to me, and might even be a little stiffer then my gr2's with chopped springs, so I don't mind that.

I'll start with stock legacy springs and see if I want to go higher from there. I think if I skid plate it up and maybe just go outback high, that'll be good for now....

Rick