Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lagging and idling issue in Loyale

try removing the throttle body from the manifold, but be warned that this MAY necessitate replacing the gasket there.. I think mine actually broke at one point, but it was a clean break, so I just re used it anyhow. The gasket was kinda stuck in place, and when I put it together and ran it I didn't hear any vacuum leak right where it broke, so I think I'm OK.. It has run well for a WHILE since this happened, so I'm satisfied its OK... :rolleyes: In any case, gasket or no, it makes removing the IAC much simpler :)

try removing the throttle body from the manifold, but be warned that this MAY necessitate replacing the gasket there.. I think mine actually broke at one point, but it was a clean break, so I just re used it anyhow. The gasket was kinda stuck in place, and when I put it together and ran it I didn't hear any vacuum leak right where it broke, so I think I'm OK.. It has run well for a WHILE since this happened, so I'm satisfied its OK... :rolleyes: In any case, gasket or no, it makes removing the IAC much simpler :)

Yea, I was trying to avoid removing the TB...Well I am not really worried about it anymore. I told this guy whats wrong with the car and he's possibly interested. If he doesnt come by friday, the car is going to a junkyard. Anyone need anything from the car? Hubcaps?

I could TOTALLY use two of the subaru ~15 spoke style hubcaps.. you can see the top of what I am talking about in this photo of my swiss cheese mobile :grin:

small003.jpg

Hey daeron, I think my hubcaps are different than yours, on mine i counted 20.

29010463692.jpg

If these are the ones you are looking for, let me know.

Hey daeron, I think my hubcaps are different than yours, on mine i counted 20.

29010463692.jpg

If these are the ones you are looking for, let me know.

thats what ~ means, it was about. I never counted, thats the same hubcap.. How cheap could you ship it to 33413? that would be AWESOME.