Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Borg Warner C605 Nippy Cap EA-82 Brass Inserts

Glad I finally found a High Performance distributor cap. Those cheap-rump roast caps that have aluminum inserts burn out fast and the engine runs rough. Now I have a brass rotor with a brass cap. Intalled MSD High vibration coil as well. They never sell you what works well. Flyscooby2 flys again:banana:

I still need to do more subframe repair next week.

I bought a disty cap and rotor from BAP import auto parts (the bestest in the westust for my subaru, oem or better!) my cap was regular poopy metal, but my rotor, although it doesnt have the little keyway to line it up, so I used the screw to line it up, was brass, how sweet is that? and it only causted me$8.00 (that sounds pricy for a rotor when you look at 8 dollar bills and then look and that little rotor is it pricy or what you guys pay) oh and my car doesnt missfire (as much :rolleyes: )

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys:

Here is the link where I purchased online:

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=BOR&MfrPartNumber=C605

13 buxx plus ship.

The manager at Advance Auto said he could not get it even though Parts America owns them.:lol: I think you can order from Pep Boys. Even though stamped made in Mexico, it should work better than factory, because brass conduct electricity better than Aluminum. Note use the brass Borg Warner rotor as well.

:Flame: