Ultimate Subaru Message Board

DOH! 218k and now a blown HG..ugh

Some of you may recall my 96 OBW that I resurrected from a crash that the previous (1st) owner had in it. Well have put almost 10k miles on it in the last 7 months, thrown lots of fits in the last month (Bad VSS, Bad Alt, Throwing misfire codes so got new OEM plugs/wires) and just put brand new snow tires on it and on my way home today it blew a headgasket. I managed to not overheat it yet still get it home :clap: But now I'm faced with at minium a HG job on it...seems to be not worth sinking anymore money into it at this point. Though it screwed me out of my daily driver for now, and will be forced to take the RX out of retirement for a 75 mile a day commute for awhile. Talking with the wife it may just be time for me to buy a new one and get rid some of my others that can't or shouldn't be used as daily drivers.

So all I have to say is Monday's do suck!

That blows...

I know the feeling. I have a Grand Cherokee with a new engine with 12k on it that I've become totally frustrated with. Every time I fix something, something else goes bad. Right now it's sitting in the driveway like it has been for 4 months...I'm just sick of spending money. I wish I had words of encouragement... I don't know what I'd do in your shoes.