Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally put it in.....

simple monkey

Well, about 2 weeks ago, I finally put my TD04 into the RX. Ended up using an ebay down pipe and an Ansa Silverline catback for a WRX. It sounds great.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_c_kfbYBvA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_c_kfbYBvA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

pictures later, and maybe more video.

enjoy.:banana:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, its been a while since I originally posted this. Originally, in this thread: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72569&page=2&highlight=td04+drill

it was said redrilling the holes on the td04 would mess with the clamping force. But since I basically stole my td04 ($50 with 10k miles on it, perfect condition) i decided to try it out. My friend with the drill press redrilled the holes for me. I don't have any pics of the holes at the moment, it was mostly trial and error of which way to drill the holes. Besides that, everything else was pretty straight forward. The water lines were a little difficult, but my enginuity helped make that easy. The pcv system looks like a cluster-f***, but I hope to put in a catch can soon.

As promised, pics.

I finally took some more pics and am still in the purusit of the older pics.

new engine bay:

td04swapstuff001.jpg

new downpipe sits in close to the stock position, required some cutting and welding though.

td04swapstuff002.jpg

the only thing under the hood that really requider modifying was the mount for the throttle cable. So I cut off the stock one and welded on a homemadeone, raised the throttle cable about 2 inches.

Hopefully more pics soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ah ha! I found you! You nearly gave me a heart attack a few days ago at Fred Meyer's in PO. I heard your car and thought somebody was stealing mine! Car sounds awesome!

whoa, i just read this. thanks, it takes a lot of work to make wrx exhaust fit an older soob. its amazing how much the sound changes when you put the muffler section on. i had a neighborhood session with just the downpipe on, sound like a day at the track. I can't say as though i've ever seen your car driving, i've seen it parked a couple times.

and why is it so taboo redrilling the holes on the turbo? i've put about 4000 miles on mine so far, and no problems. and as far as underdiff exhaust goes, it would be perfectly fine with closer to stock ride height. my car is sitting on ground control coil-overs as low as they go, and i have a couple inches of clearance, and it doesn't scrape anything anymore.

also, my gas mileage is pretty stable at about 26-27 mostly city driving.