Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Junior's Update

Hehehe Haven't been around much lately. Stupid me trying to have a life, I guess. But seriously, Junior's the reason for me not being around as much.

There's been no major issues with the car. None. Heater's hot, AC's cold. Found the oil leak (haven't patched it up yet, it isn't serious). Needs new struts, but I'm not in too big of a hurry to dump ~$250+ into the car. The flat tire the other day got me upset, but that wonder-donut worked just fine for the afternoon, and got me some darn good steaks at Les Schwab (eh, the other three were close enough to gone). There was a squeak or four from the front end back when I first started with her. Tightened both castle nuts and bingo! Those squeaks are gone. Needs new brake pads soon, which is no big deal. Stereo's still quirky, only playing from 1/2 the speakers intermittently, but its an internal issue, and unless I find another stock stereo to swap it with, I can live. Vicki didn't have one, so even with 1/2 the speakers running, its still an improvement. Speedo sticking at 70+ isn't as much of an issue, fastest legally I can go around here is 70 anyway... Won't fix the exhaust leak for a while, I like the way it makes the car sound. :D

I'd learned a lot from all of you and working on Vicki. In the near future I plan to acquire another GL-10 wagon, for which I will once again turn to you all for guidance, seeing that most of those in my price range that I have found have "issues". Until then, I hope to poke in more often, perhaps offering my not-so-sagely wisdom to others.

Basically, Thanks guys and gals, 'cause without you all, Junior'd be no more than a blue turd of a car. Vicki'd still be scrap metal, I think, but learning on her with your guidance helped me with Junior.

~CZMB~