Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Little Shifter Spring anybody have a P/N......

Ok what ive got here is a 96 legacy ej22 with a 5 spd.....doing the clutch so the trans is out.......have had very loose shifter for a while.....ruled out bushings they all seem good anyway.......ok.....the question is there is a little spring that connects the stay rod to the shift rod......i am in need of this spring and also the part on the stay rod were the spring attaches (its almost a large washer with an extra eyelet for the end of the spring)....i have included some pics. of what im talking about.....any help at all would be appreciated.....and if someone has P/N that would be fantastic......thanks for your help......:)

the first pic...... is the washer on the end of the stay rod....i think a while ago when someone had the trans out before me they lost the origonal washer with the eyelet for the spring.....

the second pic......is the place on the shift rod were the other end of the spring is supposed to attach.......

post-23353-136027627065_thumb.jpg

post-23353-136027627067_thumb.jpg

I haven't got the PN but I found this ("Spring is about 1.5" long and .5" in diameter.") in one of the many threads on this subject. There are also pics of the spring I've seen but I didn't find them. You can probaly get a something that works in a hardware store.