Ultimate Subaru Message Board

if your speaking about the fan where it says (1 2 3 4) yes it is supposed to light up.....i have a 96' legacy also.......when i acquired my car none of the climate control lights worked at night.......there are 3 small bulbs behind there i believe you can get them at radio shack for pretty cheap (i bought them at subaru) i cant remember the parts numbers off hand but do a search and you might find them (i think i got the PN from someone on the board)....its a pretty simple job........

Went to the dealer today and he sold me all long bulbs. Doh! I wished I would have printed out the part numbers in the url above first. The long ones were the only part numbers on the dealers blowup of the hvac controls. But I put the long bulb in and the fan switch lights up now.

I still need to get 1 short bulb. Question on that though, is it possible to rotate the bulb base into a position where it is not making contact on the circuit board?

Tim

'96 Legacy Wagon with Saabaru 92X Wheels and '97 Legacy GT interior

yes it is possible.....i made that mistake i thought it was all the way in.....so when i would hit the climate control area at night it would light up and hit it again and it would go back off.....i just took it all back apart and now its good.....