Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My dad has good four 205 60 15 tires. I might take to these tires and mount to 15' alloy wheels put on my 92 Legacy AWD. Does it is rubber? I will check these out, later. I have to good tires are need to dismount from Toyota rims and mount to Subaru rims. Then I will put wheels on my Legacy for testing. Affect on gas mileage to increasing or decreasing?

So, old 195 60 15 tires are almost worn out and not safe to drive. At least, I have extra snow tires and summer tires are 14’.

I went to your proposed larger size from your current one on my Imp.

Be advised if you do not change them in the winter CHAINS WILL NOT FIT.

From personal experience I warn you to avoid big potholes, rutted construction zones, and really nasty speed bumps. You may hear a few rubs here and there if you don't. People riding in the back seat? You WILL hear a few on big bumps.

You mileage may go up, the only good thing I can say, other than more places have the 205's - but they cost more. :-\

edit: (also, your speedo will end up off by about 2 1/2 miles an hour - when it says 60 you will be doing less than 58, great for speed traps - if your dial says you're legal, wave as you go by!)