Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any 2" receiver hitches for Legacy?

When I did the "research" on this last year I couldn't find any off the shelf that were 2". I did read about people welding up their own, but that was too much work for me.

I was looking to use it only to carry bikes on a hitch mounted rack. Ended up with a 1.25" and am dealing with it...

Steve

I couldn't find any 2" receiver hitches for a different vehicle of mine, that is, until I looked on Ebay. I didn't see one immediately on there, but I found one for a different vintage of the car I owned and asked the seller if they carried one for my year too. They did and set up a private auction for me. Got it new to my house for $130 shipped.

Worth a look anyway.

I couldn't find any 2" receiver hitches for a different vehicle of mine, that is, until I looked on Ebay. I didn't see one immediately on there, but I found one for a different vintage of the car I owned and asked the seller if they carried one for my year too. They did and set up a private auction for me. Got it new to my house for $130 shipped.

Worth a look anyway.

nice hit!! any chance you remember their name or anything like that or could post a link? that would be awesome!

I have done the adapter and tried to have one bike rack for my Subaru and truck. The result was a really loose bike rack on the larger truck hitch. Finally bought a similar 2" rack for the truck at a big sale. Easier to buy a new rack and have it fit solid than install a new hitch that may fit (been there and done that too).

Easier to buy a new rack and have it fit solid than install a new hitch that may fit (been there and done that too).
when i was looking and bought mine i never saw any 1 1/4" 4 bike racks, looks like there are some out there now. i'll check into them.