Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brake Hose for Brat

Hey quick question fellas. I'm getting ready to replace the entire front brakes on my '79 brat. Got everything I need except the brake hose. So I was looking on-line for it today.

At partsamerica.com. They have one part number for "Front, Upper", and another part number for "Front, Lower". What do I need? One of each of these?

Thanks in advance,

Crabman

from what i remember the actual brake line is 3 parts. there is a soft line going from the wheel well to the strut. on the strut is a hardline then after the hard line there is another soft line to the caliper.

so my guess is these two lines are reference to the soft lines. If you're replacing the whole thing then buy both i guess...?

Thanks Zefy. I got under the car last night, and you are right there are 2 'soft' hoses for each side in the front, an upper and a lower. At about $20 a pop, that's $80 if you want to replace the lines.

Anyway, I think I am going to leave 'em, because they did not appear to be leaking. I need to get this brake work done soon however. My Brat is not stopping so good right now. You have to 'plan ahead'.

Crabman

If the price is right i might be willing to sell my rear discs that have been modified to fit a gen1...?

they will rock your socks...:)

Might be interested, but not soon. I am way over my Subaru budget this month. Sending an email your way.