Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone near Tahoe Able to help me out really quickly?!?!

Hey all you guys up near Tahoe, I have a really huge favor to ask.... I am concidering buyin a brat thats up on south shore, but I have finals the next couple of days so i cant get up there to look at it myself. Would anyone be willing to drive over and check it out for me, see if it looks like a good car, see if you can spot any deal breakers on it??? I would REALLY appreciate it, and I can send a bit of cash or brew your way for your effort if you need... please let me know, reply, or PM, both would be fine.... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

YEP!!!! That's the one! How did it look? Did you get a chance to snoop around it at all? Think it's worth the drive up there to check it out? I'm sure I can get it for a little less than 2k, but i dont know that they guy will go below 1600 or 1700....

YEP!!!! That's the one! How did it look? Did you get a chance to snoop around it at all? Think it's worth the drive up there to check it out? I'm sure I can get it for a little less than 2k, but i dont know that they guy will go below 1600 or 1700....

Well in my opinion its not worth anymore then 1k. Its... well... lets just say, well used. Dings and scratches, interior is alright except for the seats and radio conceal. Only rust I saw was on the drivers rear 1/4. Remember this is just my opinion.

P1010249.jpg

P1010248.jpg

P1010250.jpg

P1010244.jpg

P1010246.jpg

P1010251.jpg

$2k wow!!

I myself wouldnt pay more than $1000 for it, and thats IF it passes CA smog which is getting hard and harder these days of EA81's. The rust on the drivers rear fender, and the scratches/dent on the passenger front fender alone make it worth $1500ish, and then add the damage he did to the interior with that horrible stereo install and the destroyed front seats take it down to the $1200-$1000 range.

Subieman, thanks so much for going and taking those pictures.... saved me trip all the way to tahoe... prior to seeing it, I was going to try and get it for 1500, which I think is already way lower than the guy wants to go... he said he picked it up for 1200, then put on tires, radio, etc....So I KNOW he thinks he's got some really nifty car there now.... Oh well, I'll try talking to him on the phone I guess, but it looks like I'll just have to keep up the search!!!:dead:

Subieman, thanks so much for going and taking those pictures.... saved me trip all the way to tahoe... prior to seeing it, I was going to try and get it for 1500, which I think is already way lower than the guy wants to go... he said he picked it up for 1200, then put on tires, radio, etc....So I KNOW he thinks he's got some really nifty car there now.... Oh well, I'll try talking to him on the phone I guess, but it looks like I'll just have to keep up the search!!!:dead:

No problem, I was on my way to pick up a set of rims I found on CraigsList. The brat was sitting on the same road where my destination was. Its unfortunate I not see this thread before I left, I would have called the number and taken it on a test drive for ya.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do. If it were me I would pass it up, there are much better brats out there to be had for $1500+

Ha- Awesome... I'll let him think about it fora wekk or so more.... then maybe he'll be willing to take what it's worth... i feel sort of bad, because he's gonig to end up losing money on it... but thats kind of what happens when you buy a car for WHAT IT'S WORTH and then sink money into it..... if you're gonna sink money in..... Be prepared to keep it! (that's what I say anyhow...)