Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any info I need to know about Outback XT's?

I am debating selling my 97 Outback again and getting a 2005 or 2006 Outback XT. I know it requires premium so I accept the added fuel costs, I just figure if i do it I would like to have some extra fun with the car when I want to. Is there any problems that I should look for? I heard of some 2005's that might have turbo problems, any info on this, recalls, etc?

I am going to have my brother in laws wholesaler start looking for one as it might take some time to find the right car, i just wish they offered the XT in the Moss Green two tone combo :mad:

If I pull the trigger I will list my 97 OBW here, probably looking for a fast sale, say around $2500.

from what i have seen these cars are notorious for chewing up wheel bearings....if you buy it used def. make sure the bearings are ok or have been replaced.....

Do you have a link so I can read up on this potential issue?

Just found this, seems it's only a whining issue that is covered by a 8 year/100,000 mile warranty from Subaru: http://www.cars101.com/recalls.html