Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Injectors dropping out when engine warm? Help!!!

tuppscivic

I swapped a phase II 2.5rs engine into a 99 Subaru legacy outback and am now having strange problems? I used a iacv out of a 97 impreza and swapped all of the sensors that didn't mate to the 99 phase I wiring. I ended up cutting and soldering the phase II injector clips onto the 99 harness so they would plug right in. The issue that I am now having is the car will idle a little higher than normal at warm up, but as soon as the car is warm and the idle drops down, two of the 4 injectors will stop "ticking" and drop out. It used to be cylinders 1 and 4, but after resoldering all of the connections, cylinder 1 and 3 drop out. I checked for loose connections, and am reading 13.2 volts at all of the injector clips when the car is running. I used a screwdriver to listen to each injector, and 1 and 3 do not tick at all at rough warm idle. If I unplug each injector one at a time, #1 has no change in idle. Unplug cylinder #2 the engine dies. Cylinder #3 has no change in idle. Cylinder #4 the idle slows down and than starts to idle better and cylinder #3 starts to fire to make up for #4? I have no ideas what might cause the two injectors to cut out at warm? I tested the injectors them selfs, and they resistance test fine. Could it be a sensor? Or should I resolder the clips again? Please help, Im pulling my hair out on this issue!

The injectors do not seem to come back on when I rev up the motor. It rev's like its still running on two cylinders. I can shut the car off, start it back up, and as long as I put the motor directly in drive the car seems to run fine? Its when I put it back in park when the car drops down in idle that it starts the rough idle again.

What should I check for to correct the high idle? Vaccum leaks could cause this? I will check timing tonight and get back. The ecu also threw a code for higher than expected idle, and low injector circuits in 1,2,and 3. I think because of me checking the injector clips with a noid and not resetting the ecu afterword. The noid was dim on the non-working injectors, but brightened up when the engine was rev'd.