Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EGR Valve Stuck; should I replaced more

Having problems with my 98 OBW with a '97 engine. I have codes P0302, P0301, and P0400. While researching this, I noticed a procedure that said check the EGR valve by pushing the button. Mine is frozen; so I'm going to buy a new valve. My question is should I buy just the EGR valve or should I buy the solenoid also and maybe the BPT?

i would replace the $7 inline filter on the passengers side and the EGR valve. yours should have this, though i've seen some that don't. not sure when/why they changed. it's a $7 filter from subaru only and i've seen clogged ones cause EGR valve codes.

you could try soaking and cleaning the EGR valve too, but if it's stuck might be tough.

i have a brand new EGR valve on my 1997 Subaru impreza that i'd sell you. i was annoyed that replacing the solenoid didnt' solve my issues, so the old one is still good.

i also have some EJ25 EGR valves used. i'd be willing to sell either one if you want.