Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey everyone,

I recently blew the fusable link on my 91 Legacy (290K).

Before I realized it was the fusable link under the hood that was toast, I thought that the battery was completely drained (no lights or accessory power) so I tried to jump the car with a mobile jumper that plugs into the cigarette lighter. That seems to have disabled the power to my cigarette lighter.

I've checked the fuse under the dash and it is still intact. Does anyone know of another fuse or a relay that could break that would disable the 12v power in the dash?

p.s. I made a new fusable link with 12 gauge fuse wire and spade clips. The dealer couldn't tell me what gauge the original wire was, and the one out of the car was pretty well burned up. Anyone know what gauge that link is? Should I bother with the $10 fuse from the dealer?

thanks and enjoy this winter weather! Its why we drive subes!

Hey everyone,

I recently blew the fusable link on my 91 Legacy (290K).

Before I realized it was the fusable link under the hood that was toast, I thought that the battery was completely drained (no lights or accessory power) so I tried to jump the car with a mobile jumper that plugs into the cigarette lighter. That seems to have disabled the power to my cigarette lighter.

I've checked the fuse under the dash and it is still intact. Does anyone know of another fuse or a relay that could break that would disable the 12v power in the dash?

p.s. I made a new fusable link with 12 gauge fuse wire and spade clips. The dealer couldn't tell me what gauge the original wire was, and the one out of the car was pretty well burned up. Anyone know what gauge that link is? Should I bother with the $10 fuse from the dealer?

thanks and enjoy this winter weather! Its why we drive subes!

Subaru links are red, black, or green. If you know which color you need I can send you a junkyard one.