Ultimate Subaru Message Board

93 Loyale ECU Rd Mem and Test Conn's location Help

Just bought this car.

I can't seem to find the 93 Loyale ECU Read Mem and Test Connectors. From what I have read so far, The Read Connector and the Test Connector should both be under the steering wheel, behind a removable plastic panel.

I can't find any UNCONNECTED connectors with MATCHING male and female plugs there . I was under the impression that the Read Mem should be Black and the Test should be green.

I have removed the passenger panel, as well as the wrap arround panel under the radio as well. I have looked under the hood too. Is it possible the previous owner has left 93 Loyale ECU Rd Mem and Test Conn's connected and therefore I can't find them? What Colors and how many wires in each connector? Numbers on the ECU: 22611 AA395 Hitachi J4 MECF-025 #2617 ser. no. 100139 EA82

This is a 53000 mi California Loyale, vin: JF1 AC422 PC200963 Automatic FWD . Everything under the hood looks clean and connected, no rust, all books and tools are there, so the car is in great shape for so old, but I'm afraid if I drive it too long I may hurt something without knowing which code(s) are causing the Check Engine light to come on.

The Check Engine light comes on and stays on when the car is driven more that 40 mph. Stop and shut off the car, Restart and the light is off again until you begin driving again.

I would like to just put in fresh gas ,89 Octane, and give is a good long drive (Italian tune-up).

Can anyone tell me the locaton and colors of the 93 Loyale ECU Rd Mem and Test Conn's?

myhilo@yahoo.com

OK Goyale, I found them both, I had seen them, but they are BOTH connected! Which is the Read Mem ( the white one?) and are they supposed to be unconnected.

Myhilo

Green= test mode, timing setting

white= read memory

Both hooked up at the same time= clear memory

Both should be unhooked after servicing for normal driving.

Goyale,

Thanks this help alot!, I have tested in all modes: after warming up.

White NC

8 short flashes on ECU continuously Engine check light steady on.

Green NC

8 short flashes on ECU continuously Engine check light steady off.

White and Green NC

8 short flashes on ECU continuously Engine check light steady off.

OK, great, now it's Italian Tuneup time weeeeee!