Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My wifes car just had the AT engine oil temp light start flashing. The check engine light has come on as well. Not sure what is going on here. I am not mechanically knowledgeable on this subject. Another problem that turned up is the heater only blows hot air when it is on the highest setting which is 4.

I also have a 1996 Subaru legacy wagon and I am ready to replace it(2,220 dollars in repairs since October).

I want to buy another Subaru, but I have heard there are some problems with the 2.5 engine. Are there any years I should avoid? I am looking for a 2006 through 2008 model probably a Forester.

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

thanks...

Edited by crowheart
error

My wifes car just had the AT engine oil temp light start flashing. The check engine light has come on as well. Not sure what is going on here. I am not mechanically knowledgeable on this subject. Another problem that turned up is the heater only blows hot air when it is on the highest setting which is 4.

I also have a 1996 Subaru legacy wagon and I am ready to replace it(2,220 dollars in repairs since October).

I want to buy another Subaru, but I have heard there are some problems with the 2.5 engine. Are there any years I should avoid? I am looking for a 2006 through 2008 model probably a Forester.

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

thanks...

I've heard that the HG problem is solved after 2005. If your looking @ 2006+ I think the chances is significantly lower.

Vincent

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully that is correct. I would never buy another Subaru if that problem hasn't been corrected. 2006 and up how do we know?

what about the TCM code 76 2-4 Brake duty solenoid detects open or shorted signal circuit ?

Any help there?.....