Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hitachi carb vacuum lines

Well someone else will have to help you on that. I don't have any info. on the ea82 engine. However, you might get ready to take some pictures if you can, so you can ask specific questions, because most people will have the same or similar diagram to the one on your hood.

Well someone else will have to help you on that. I don't have any info. on the ea82 engine. However, you might get ready to take some pictures if you can, so you can ask specific questions, because most people will have the same or similar diagram to the one on your hood.

I believe I have the identical vehicle to yours - 86' 1.8L EA82, Hitachi-carbed, non-feedback, on-demand 4WD GL wagon. Mine still has the original carb & set-up. I could take photos for you. I didn't see this thread until just now so it would have to be tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be raining all day, as seems to be typical.

I am not all that far from Portland, if that is Portland OR & not Portland Maine. (50 miles)

Never mind that part about me being in Portland. I realized it's not relevant to you.

I believe I have the identical vehicle to yours - 86' 1.8L EA82, Hitachi-carbed, non-feedback, on-demand 4WD GL wagon. Mine still has the original carb & set-up. I could take photos for you. I didn't see this thread until just now so it would have to be tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be raining all day, as seems to be typical.

I am not all that far from Portland, if that is Portland OR & not Portland Maine. (50 miles)

Haha no, i'm in Idaho, about 20 miles from Boise. :)

Just to clarify everything,

Subaru

Gl

1.8 Hitachi Carb'd

5 speed

Dual Range 4wd.

I think i got the wrong carb or something, because this one was from an '87 and it has a few more hose connections that are blue on the backside, so i'm just going to throw on my old one and live with the idle. When i first tried to fire it with those extra connections open, it spat coolant everywhere. I'm thinking that's not too good.

hey sup? well i swapped an identical engine for my 87 carb'd 1.8 gl and was like do i really need all these lines???????????? well i went out and looked and i only have 3 vacuum lines going from the carb to a different spot.Runs awrsome. but where i live there arent emmission testing so if u have it well ur screwed then ha. the chilton/haynes maunals have a pretty good diagram for that. it takes a good study though to understand it. i can send some pics if u want to take like 2 miles worth of vacuum lines off

Why don't you educate yourself on the functions of the various types of vacuum run systems first? Before you start randomly disconnecting stuff maybe?????

First off, wether you have emissions testing or not, modifying that stuff is illegal.

Second, if set up properly, those systems will not impede the power, and actually help effieciency (bowl vent solenoid)

third, really, it isn't a good idea to start taking stuff off your car without knowing why it was there in the first place.