Ultimate Subaru Message Board

coil spring isolators (shims/spacers)

My 225K mile+ Brat is sitting really low up front. It's stock tires (175/70X13) are only about 1 1/2" below the wheel opening. I've ordered new springs & struts. (one strut, see below) I would like to lift the front ride height, just a little, maybe 1". I really don't want to spend the money to lift the whole thing, and the back is high enough. A recent change in my plans means I'm going to stay with the stock size tires. (maybe 205/60X13s on stock alloys in the summer)

The Brat has already had the adjustable front struts replaced with non-adjustable front wheel drive struts. (KYB GR-2s, one is still clean!) Has anyone ever used polyurethane coil spring spacers in place of the adjustments? Is the geometry change any different than cranking up the adjustable struts? Will a 7/8" spacer throw the camber off that much? :-\ It doesn't look too bad when I put a jack under the crossmember, but I haven't really measured anything.

ive made 1 inch spacers out of a scrap piece of uhmw plastic , 1 inch of lift didnt effect the camber at all. i was trying to fit some 195-65-15 blizzaks under the car, it worked fine, ill see if i can get pics. i just used a band saw and a drill mounted hole saw to fab them..