Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Video from the Anza-Borrego desert.

Lools like coyote canyon? I think you mentioned it in the vid?

have you ever made it all the way to the Oasis/palm trees?

Making me home sick, How ever Im glad to be in the Ozarks

I had a 1981 d/r brat (AMONG OTHERS) that has been all over so,cal outbacks.including those water crossings? coyote cyn? ,pretty sure the gas station/motel has been there for years?

glad to see old school wagon cruising the family,

I GUARENTEE that a ton of people that see you out there have been subaru folks ,enjoy passing or getting passed and you should be proud bro. the girls seem to be. Mine are, nice video:)

Edited by mykingcrab

Hey all,

thanks for the kind words. Yeah, it was in fact Coyote canyon, a trail we've been on and enjoyed before in a different rig. First time, though, for us in the subaru and also first time for my dad on the trail (lives outa the area).

They were hotshoting for the day, and had to make it off the trail at a certain time, hence the abbreviated trip. We woulda gone further if not for the time constraint.

Awesome time none-the-less. As for that last water crossing, my very-pregnant wife got a "spooky" feeling @ the last second as I was securing a dry cotton rag over the intake and readying for a swim. Seeing as how she is carrying my child, and possesses secret powers during this transitory state(as I'm sure some of you lads who are fathers have experienced:grin:) I decided to park the subie on this side of the crossing and use good ol' leg power to get across.

I'll have to sort out a snorkel/lifted breather system before I go out again. At that point, "its on!"

Regards,

Brian