Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Renewable Lubes HD20 in production!

Though I can't recall whether new Subies take 5W20 or not, I thought it might be of interest to some here to know that Renewable Lube is making an HD20 for the fleet I represent at work. This fluid is being made for us, and should end up ~9cSt and 10-12 TBN. It is designed as a very cost-effective yet higher-, better-tech Heavy Duty lube formulation that will allow us to run 1 motor oil and cover our entire fleet (Fords, Dodges, and Chevys from current MY back to ~'96).

This is a fluid I've worked with RLI to build for us, and our fleet's Dyson Analysis results and feedback have been instrumental in my working with RLI to build it. Our first order went in last week, so if any here are interested, understanding that this fluid has not been field tested by us yet, call RLI and see whether you can piggy-back an order on this production run.

DISCLAIMERS: Many of you know that we're a Renewable Lubes customer for the fleet at work. Many of you also know that we're a Dyson Analysis customer. All that notwithstanding, we get zero from anyone else inquiring about this fluid. It's just a product that I'd be interested in if someone else was spec'ing it, so I thought I'd share.