Ultimate Subaru Message Board

a line in port on stereo? I have an '03 Impreza Ts and recently my zune transmitter died. FM Transmitters dont have the best quality sound anyway so instead of buying a new one I was wondering what my other options are. even if i just hooked up a cable.

thanks in advance

I kind of have my doubts. It wasn't until I think 05 or 06 that Subaru started putting the line in port for ipods and what in their cars.

My suggestion would be to look at an aftermarket stereo or possibly a newer model stereo and install it in your 03 and wire up the line in port.

how hard is it to remove the stock stereo? i kinda need a new one anyway since my buttons are kind of sticky thanks to the high IQ burgerking kid at the drive through. he really knows how to secure a drink cover.

So is it hard to take apart? Anywhere i could find a walkthrough for this or something? Any help/tips would be awesome.

Its not all that hard, you just need to find all the panel screws and the mounting

screws for the deck and remove them.

Then go down to your local stereo installer and buy a stereo and an adapter for

your model of car and the stereo you bought :)

Then all you have to do is put it all back together and Voila!

You have a new deck :)

This is only if your current setup hasn't been butchered.

Twitch