Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Which pins to short? (Impreza cruise control question)

I think the missing pieces in my cruise control (98 Impreza) are just the switches on the clutch and brake pedals.

Can I bypass these just by shorting out the contacts? The connector for the brake pedal has 4 pins. Does anyone know which pins are for the cruise control?

I'm actually be more worried about bypassing the clutch, but I'd like to at least see if the system is working.

If I step on the clutch pedal while the CC is on, there will be no load and the engine will rev up. If I step on the brake, then the CC will simply fight the braking action until I remember to turn it off.

[...]If I step on the brake, then the CC will simply fight the braking action until I remember to turn it off.

Your profile says ''New York'' for the state -- please let me know if it's anywhere near Ithaca, so that I can stay off the roads until you get around to installing the switch. :eek:

Your profile says ''New York'' for the state -- please let me know if it's anywhere near Ithaca, so that I can stay off the roads until you get around to installing the switch. :eek:

You mean get around to finding the switch :drunk: