Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subie Nubie, and lovin' my Subaru.

Hey guys, great to be here. Long time lurker, first time posting. This forum is great and you all rock.

My first Subie was an '84 GL Hatchback 4x4... it was silver with white wheels, sunroof, a/c, manual, and beautiful (man do I miss the heck outta that car, it was a beastly little dude :headbang:). I was only 17 and it was Subie Love at first sight. I was young and dumb and ran it hard in the snow, dirt, and road. Always ran like a champ though, and it still ran great when I'd given it away 2 years later.

About a month ago I'd bought a '98 Legacy sedan for my wife, and found myself loving this Subie, too. Paid $2,200 for it with 150k but runs smooth as butter, it was owned by an elderly lady who'd bought it new and she'd religiously had every scheduled maintenance done at the Subaru dealer that she'd bought it from (I mean every scheduled maintenance, from oil changes to timing belts). I'd sanded and painted the trim, wiper arms, wheels and hubcaps, and now it looks amazing, too.

Anyway, good to be on here with you all, look forward to chatting with ya. My other cars are a lightly modded '01 Grand Prix GTP, and a sweet '69 GTO. I gonna have to add an STi to that list at some point, and if the Lord helps me find one, maybe even an '84 GL Hatchback 4x4 just like my first love! :banana:

Edited by The Chad
added bold type