Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'90 Legacy FUEL PUMP? Who's an expert?

K so here's the deal. Bought this 90 legacy with an EJ22 FWD for a great deal cause the guy said the O2 sensor was crappin out. well i looked into it more and found out it wasnt the O2 it was the Fuel Pump. it would stutter and almost die if you gave it too much throttle goin down the road... and after i replaced the pump it worked like a dream. its got a 170K on the Odo.

So here's what is happening. it worked perfectly, and i mean without evenin a stutter... then one day i drove down the gas station to grab somethin and when i came back out it wouldn't start at all... like it would roll over forever, and there was spark, and fuel... but just NOTHIN ignighting. so i had to have my friend give me a rope tow back home down the street. couple days later i try it again and it works like a dream again. no problems. NEXT DAY NOTHING. same thing as at the gas station. and that was like a week ago and it hasn't given me anything since.

What else should i be lookin at here ladies and gents?