Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Interchangability of legacy Front Springs

i have a '96 legacy awd wagon, brighton edition with a 2.2 and automatic. the roads in my city are awful and while replacing a ball joint, tie rod end and wheel bearing on the left side, i remove a broken part of the coil spring. i also noticed that both ends of the removed part were jagged, so it's been broken before.

the wrecking yards want to sell a complete strut to me and there don't seem to be any available aftermarket. the dealer is not an option as dealer parts here in Canada are a lot more than in the U.S.

there is one wrecker here that i might be able to talk into selling just the spring to me. unfortunately, the subaru he has is a '91 legacy sedan.

does anyone know if this will fit? i don't want to put a lot of money into this car as i want to sell it and upgrade to another subaru.

any help is appreciated.

mark

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a check but think that the dealer may laugh at me..... it's a 13 year old car with 310,000 kilometres on it.

back to my first question if the recall tip doesn't work. anyone know about the interchangability of the springs?

mark