Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Take it out and lay in on perfectly flat ground, like a garage floor. Its possible to bend a sway bar, but probably not without being in a good accident first. I think you'd have to get both wheels at full travel in opposing directions to bend one noticeably.

Low speed, maybe 10-15 mph. Impacted slightly buried curb in a mostly forward travel with a slight passenger side drift. Probably about a 5-10 degree angle to the curb.

Car now has light to moderate pull to the right.

Could I be looking at a bent control arm? I don't have anything to compare parts to so it makes diagnosis a little challenging.

Looking for a little direction from some of the more knowledgeable. Thanks for the support guys.

Could be a tweaked control arm. They are designed to absorb impact rather than transfering the impact into the frame of the car. The possibility of that at such a slow speed is pretty minimal though.

More than likely you just need to get an alignment done. It doesn't take much to knock a car out of alignment. And being off by just a hair, as little as a tenth of a degree, can be noticeable when driving, though it may not be to the naked eye.

A sway bar is not a bar so much as it is a spring. Bending one is a real trick. And if it IS bent, it will fail very quickly at the site of the damage. However, if it fails, its just a sway bar. You'll hear a loud BANG and then the car will start to wallow over bumps and turns. I wouldn't worry about it. Put it back in, align the car and drive it.

I would shake down the front end and do a thorough visual..maybe it tweaked a tie rod or something..

Visually things look pretty good but it's hard to determine if something is only slightly out of kilter without comparing to a known good part. Had this issue rebuilding the front end on my mom's Exploder. :confused:

Already planning to do tie rod ends. Driver's side has a split boot and is oozing. Struts are in the near future but I need to rebuild the rear brakes first. Trying to buy all the parts for the suspension and do it all in a weekend so I only pay for one alignment.