Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS Satuday trail run..

After a quick run through the mudpit we got a small group together for a trail run close by..Post up ur pics and video link here...

IMG_1698.jpg

A total of 6 rigs including an Isuzu Rodeo who've never been wheelin'...

It was an intermediate trail with short steep climbs, sand, mud, rocky ,rutted, exposure, with some tank traps(water bars for runoff). :banana:

At the show parking lot the camo hatchbrat needed a front brake hose I had two spares.. so that was our first prob. before we got started..

a quick run up to the power lines we found some short steep climbs for fun and some sand at the top while we regrouped..

Next we headed of to our trail and Teamcf had a leaking brake fitting @ the mast. cyl . quick fix of we go..

The fun begins with some rocky climb that was abit challenging for some .

the hatchbrat broke a stub shaft(welded diff). Michael Appel almost rolled and had his wagon on two wheels right in front of me...:eek:

Teamcf showed us how it was done with open diff. and flawless run up..!!! I don't even think he spun a tire...!

A quick mud section and climb out n' back then Team cf slipped a steering rack bushing out...a quick fix..

Later on we came to a split for a challenge ... the rutted climb or the tight tree rutted climb with a 10ft drop exposure...:eek:

not too far later the hatchbrat busted a rear cv so he was two wheel drive now..:eek:

I was gettn abit low on fuel so I borrowed a couple gallons in exchange for the brake hose...

We had some great views of hte gorge as well...

The tank traps were abit challenging right to the end..

The rodeo almost made the last one until he hi centered...doh..

A quick pull from "clifford big red leggo.." and he was over...

unfortunately he ripped the lift block bolts out from the unibody ...:eek:

He made it back to camp and repaired it.

kudos for the Rodeo couple for a first wheelin run ..nice work !!!

despite a few setbacks eveyone came away with big smiles..:grin:

Good times ...

I will post up pics soon..post ur vid links and pics here...

Cheers,

Gregg

Edited by scoobyclimbs

I have a few pics of the carnage and things and I have to go get the video done from a local vendor since it is in HD my computer doesnt want to read it again tough times so if anyone wants any video let me know now so I know how many to copy thanks

Hey just bring it by my house, I have tons of HD video gear you could use to capture your footage and save you a few bucks. :Flame:I live ten minutes from you, PM me.

I have a few pics of the carnage and things and I have to go get the video done from a local vendor since it is in HD my computer doesnt want to read it again tough times so if anyone wants any video let me know now so I know how many to copy thanks

I'll take a copy! :)

Hey,

Had a blast up there, those were some good trails. Here's a link to the all pics we got, I'll post the video once I capture it.

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f256/tv_pir8/WCSS11%20Off%20Road/?albumview=grid

After we got back to camp, Jake and I hammered out the radius arm rod and headed back to Banks. Sorry I missed you guys, wasn't sure where everyone went and we were leaving for San Diego the next morning. Thanks for the tour and brake line, hope we're square on the trade.

101_0978.jpg

Sorry I missed you guys, wasn't sure where everyone went and we were leaving for San Diego the next morning. Thanks for the tour and brake line, hope we're square on the trade.

No biggie...

We were out all day..wheelin .

The brake line was from upullit so only a couple bucks..the gas more than made up for it..I'm just glad you were able to make it back home..intact..

cya next time..

cheers,

Gregg