Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got my new $150 '77 Brat

I am so glad to get another brat... Its pretty bad... has 38,000 miles on it though.

Is very rusted as it was sitting in a Field

Hasn't been registered since 1990 I think..., I don't think they used window stickers in 1980 in texas...

Pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=34798&id=1344730058&l=5a012bd8d3

-Daniel

P.S. One question... Why does it have two Ignitions? One says cooler? Also There is a key switch in the Drivers fender between the front wheel well and the Edge of the front door??????

Edited by danrenfroe2016
more!

the 1977 Brat is rare.

is this one a prototypo.?

its looks pretty good actually, and has a nice rollbar. You got a good buy.

Prototype? have no idea. But its Been sitting forever. The bottom of the car is all rusty! my 80 brat had no rust like this...

Also, I have no way of confirming its a '77. Somebody spray painted the inside black as well...

Ya I am going to install the Roll bar in my brat, along with the front struts, But will have to move my Ammo boxes over (major pain!)

-Daniel

If it really only has 38,000 (not 138,000 or 238,000, cuz the odometer could have rolled over...) then it should be a great parts car. The second ignition switch was prolly hooked up to a electric cooler (hence the lable) or cooling fan or AC or something, but its not stock. Those are Jackman wheels turned inside out as well. 77 was the first year the Brats were made, but they were usually 78 MY, just built in Late 77. Sweet find nonetheless...

-Bill

http://www.indysworld.com/80s/brats/Brats.pdf

78-81 "Gen1"

Introduced in August 1977 as a 1978 Model

So its probably a 78 then... I dont have a title so nobody knows...

Ya, what is up with all the different push bars the brats had? Were they aftermarket? This is almost the same as mine with out the smaller intermediate bars...

-Daniel