Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bumper Swaping

subeman90

This was written, and taken from Brian from Alaska's (USMB NAME :Subaru4wd), which is

HERE.

Bumper Swap, 80's GL wagon with the chrome bumper to a Brat with the "plastic" front bumper.

One of the 1st things I needed to do to my Brat was replace the Front Bumper. The previous owner had hit something and dented the bumper. Plus I had a bumper and brush guard that I took off my '81 GL Wagon that would look perfect on the Brat.

BEFORE01ll.JPG<-This is what the Bumper looked like before I replaced it. Looks good and all, but not as good as this Bumper.->FRONT01sm.JPG

It took about a half hour to remove the bumper from my Wagon. And about an hour to place it on the Brat. The Brat had two small brackets that I needed to bend back, and out of the way. The bumper is only held on by two bolts on each end so its pretty simple to remove and replace. After about an hour, this is the finished project.

AFTER01sm.JPG

This Bumper looks absolutely beautiful on my Brat. I have 2 Subaru fog lights that I will install. I'll have pictures when I do it, and you can read about it later.