Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone has experience with CCR Engines in Colorado. http://www.ccrengines.com/ They were very helpful on the phone making sure I explored all avenues before buying an engine, including giving me a recommendation for a local diagnostic guru. They easily spent 20 minutes on the phone with me answering all my questions. They seem to do an A-1 quality job and since I have pretty much run out of ideas, I think I may be going for an engine after all. I don't have the time to disassemble and play with my engine, I'd rather just get a plug and play, I'm pretty sure I can do the transplant after looking under the hood and perusing the service manual, looks like a long afternoon of work, nothing scary. Opinions?

I considered them and think highly of them, but ending up using these guys because I intend upon keeping the car for a shorter period of time. The engine went in great and runs well. Lots less too. I could have paid less for a 2.2, but they were not as nice as this one. This was a 2.5 to 2.2 conversion on a 98 Forester.

Jamie was easy to deal with and the engine showed up on time in one piece. I attached his contact info for you if you are interested.

Here are the details on the engine:

1995 Legacy 2.2l engine 71k miles out of automatic transmission vehicle with a 40 day warranty.

$370 for engine

$125 shipping to commercial address

Starter, power steering pump and lines included in on price.

Thanks,

Jamie Johnson

1-866-554-PART (7278)