Ultimate Subaru Message Board

bad ticking

Greg, I'll give this a try, but email may be a better alternative

Explain the location of the "bango bolt and the copper washers". I am not all that familliar with this engines.

Look at my posted link picture, the tube that sprays oil on the cam lobes is secured to a cam tower but this bolt.

The "banjo" should have a copper washer on both side of it.

So, you are saying that a pump reseal should do the trick? I allready replaced the o-ring and the mickey mouse gasket, but I did not replace the seal on the shaft. I didn't know about it.

It is an important seal and must be replaced, air can be drawn in and embelised in the system. If you do not have the cash to replace the pump, all seals must be addressed.

I don't want to put the blame on the oil pump because the lfter noise is only real bad on the drivers side. What is your thoughts?

My thoughts is -er -er are, the pump must be totally resealed and all passage ways open and sealed from spewing externally.

It could possibly not be the little o-ring under the cam basket?

?? "It could possibly be not"?? . Any profuse spewing is a volume pressure loss/drop and must be delt with.

Yes, it could possibly be not?

BTW Did you use any silicone sealer when you assembled this?