Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 2001 Outback Wagon and the whole right side floor was soaked with water. I pulled the front side passenger seat out and the rear bench seat out. I lifted the carpet only to find more water. The whole thing was drenched. I sponge out about half a gallon of water. I'm puzzled as to where the water is coming from. There is some sediment build up near the doors. I am assuming it is coming from these round holes in the frame. I'm thinking of duct taping the holes. Would that be a good idea? Is there any where else I should look? Please help, this is our only car.

Thank you in advance.

Nautica

Air conditioner drain will come up often in searches online and is a good thing to check. Also check with the dealer to see if this is still covered as it seems like it would be covered as part of the corossion warranty.

Has the car been in any accidents or have you hit anything abnormal lately while driving like a big chunk of tire, etc?

(Quit piling your snowballs on the floorboard while you drive). :D

Guest lothar34

I think those holes in the door are for drainage. If they're blocked, you should clear them out, not tape over them. Do you hear water sloshing around in the door?

Originally posted by lothar34

I think those holes in the door are for drainage. If they're blocked, you should clear them out, not tape over them. Do you hear water sloshing around in the door?

No, I haven't noticed any water sloshing around in the door but I think it's coming in from that area. I'm assuming it is coming from the water spray between the lower plastic body panel and the metal panel of the door frame. The water maybe working its way into the floor from the holes I mentioned. I also noticed a spout where water may pour out at the end on the plastic panel just in front of the rear tire. There is a some sediment building up there but I do not notice it being clogged.

I just called that dealer and he said that might not be covered in to corrosion warrant and but I reserved a date to bring it in anyways. I would rather fix this problem myself. Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Nautica