Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Anti fouler drilling

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 AzSTMPR

AzSTMPR

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • NYC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

:horse: Sorry for bringing back an old thread. I just got the 0420 on my 02RS. Anyone here personally use the L shape non fouler and were able to get rid of the code long enough to pass an inspection. Its rough out in NYC as traffic *********************s are everywhere! Thanks!

#27 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,674 posts
  • WV

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Anyone here personally use the L shape non fouler and were able to get rid of the code long enough to pass an inspection.

if it works - it's not just long enough to pass inspection, it is a long term and excellent solution to a silly issue.

yes, folks use the L shape ones. if inspection is an issue i almost wonder if you'd rather have the straight spacers though for a more stock look? i don't know if that matters or not, my state doesn't check emissions.

#28 Nbe1210

Nbe1210

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Dover, NH

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

I used the straight "help" brand non fouler since I could pick it up at the local auto parts store. Like it said before, I don't know if it will fit in the space you need it so look closely before you order. Maybe make a little cardboard piece and hold it in the spot. Remember the plug sticks out a few inches beyond the end of the L also. Good luck.

#29 AzSTMPR

AzSTMPR

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • NYC

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

Thanks guys I'll place a order for it today. As long as it takes care of the 0420 code then I can finally pass inspection.

#30 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,872 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

thanks guys i'll place a order for it today. As long as it takes care of the 0420 code then i can finally pass inspection.

nm.

Edited by brus brother, 15 December 2012 - 07:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users