Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Will impreza springs fit a 95 legacy?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4

Subaru Mike!

• Members
  • 3,695 posts
  • Greenwich

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:04 PM

I will be upgrading from the stock struts to the KYB GR2's I will be lowering the car at the same time (Oh My!) I was going to do H&R springs but they are a little bit pricey.

I was looking at these here

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

#2 1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4

Subaru Mike!

• Members
  • 3,695 posts
  • Greenwich

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:06 PM

ok looks like I need rear WRX tophats

#3 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,747 posts
  • WV

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:26 PM

ok looks like I need rear WRX tophats

can you describe?

i'm hoping to install 2002 WRX rear struts and springs in my legacy. i have the struts and springs, but no top hats. so you're saying i'll need top hats, i can't just swap the legacy top hats from the legacy onto the impreza stuff?

#4 1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4

Subaru Mike!

• Members
  • 3,695 posts
  • Greenwich

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

can you describe?

i'm hoping to install 2002 WRX rear struts and springs in my legacy. i have the struts and springs, but no top hats. so you're saying i'll need top hats, i can't just swap the legacy top hats from the legacy onto the impreza stuff?

02' WRX springs have a taper at the top so I would need matching tophats for the rear I did run into a tread on NASIOC which listed when and what models can use what springs.

Only thing I can't figure out if lowering springs will fit the KYB GR-2's I have

#5 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,747 posts
  • WV

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:44 PM

CRACK, i was hoping it would be as simple as putting the legacy top hats on the impreza struts/springs. thanks, glad i know now before i start trying to do it.

#6 1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4

Subaru Mike!

• Members
  • 3,695 posts
  • Greenwich

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:51 PM

CRACK, i was hoping it would be as simple as putting the legacy top hats on the impreza struts/springs. thanks, glad i know now before i start trying to do it.

Yeah that's what I was hoping too :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users