Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Quick Questions:Cam and Crank sensors output? And back lights wont shut off now!

94 Impreza 1.8 L Sedan 210K

Well, as title states. What voltage or ohms should those sensors be putting out? My dad needs to know before we start replacing them.

Also I did tow my car home for one mile, but it was in neutral and it was a straight pull, not towed up onto a truck or anything like that. My only problem is that since that happened my back lights wont shut off. Even when I turn off my car those lights stay on. Any ideas? Are they correlated?

Previous thread here: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?p=950000

When you say your back lights do you mean your reverse lights? I'm not sure about those.

But if you mean the parking lights are staying on, check that switch on top of the steering column, maybe it got bumped on during the towing.

The cam and crank position sensors you really need a scope or an analog type meter to check the pulse. Looks something like these (cam may vary somewhat depending on the reluctor marks on the back of the cam sprocket)

camshaft-position-sensor-96a.gif

crankshaft-position-sensor-signal-96.gif

They are the Red lights, I believe these two. I'm about to be going over to my parents place where it's sitting.

1994-1995_Subaru_Impreza_GX_sedan_02.jpg

Not my car, obviously, but those two.

Other people with somewhat similar problems think its the MAF or maybe even the ECU. Does my problems how i described in the other thread sound like the crank is it? I already replaced the cam sensor.

FSM for 95 says Crank/cam angle sensor resistance values should be between 1-4 KΩ.

I can't imagine they're much different from 94 to 95.

Not sure about the lights. Are those the brake lights? (not sure which are which on the Imp)

Edited by Fairtax4me

They are the Red lights, I believe these two. I'm about to be going over to my parents place where it's sitting.

1994-1995_Subaru_Impreza_GX_sedan_02.jpg

Not my car, obviously, but those two.

Other people with somewhat similar problems think its the MAF or maybe even the ECU. Does my problems how i described in the other thread sound like the crank is it? I already replaced the cam sensor.

check the VIRGIN SWITCH on top of the steering column. it leaves the parking lights on when you turn the key off so you can park your car on country roads in foreign countries and not have your car run into.

also is a great way to meet other subaru enthusiast when you have to go online and ask for help about "how do i turn off my parking lights?"