Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just picked one up for $600 -- 326k on it, 5 speed, light blue. Everything appears to work, and it runs really quiet and smooth, and quite a bit of power (engine alledgedly has only 150k on it). Sounds like it might have a bad right axle bearing and the starter is shot, and of course it's got a few dents and some minor cracks on the windshield, but other than that, not a bad deal. Found a good set of barely used studded snow tires for $250, and it'll be a good commuter for the winter.

Congrats on the new winter ride! You seem to choose well for your drive. Do you still have the 5spd D/R Impreza?

Selling it... it needed another $1100 to pass emissions, and I didn't have it... That's after taking 8 months to get the title for it. :(

The low range on it was awesome though... I took it places this summer that there's no way a stock impreza would have gone. I kind of want to do a dual range full size outback -- 96-99 style, sometime, when I get more money.

Z

Edited by zyewdall

Hmmmmmmmm.... so the "bad starter" was actually due to stoned people trying to do auto mechanics... they had connected the ground cable to the positive starter solinoid terminal, and the positive wire was just hanging below the starter, unconnected. Duh... And they had put in a new battery, but neglected to clean any of the crud off the terminals, so they were not touching the metal :grin: 10 minutes of minor work, and it starts fine now. No idle till it's fully warmed up, so I got a replacement Idle Air Control to put on it, which hopefully will solve that.

Z