Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Newbie too Soobies

Hi, I just joined the community here hoping to gain knowledge on these vehicles that as of now i know nothing about. A little about myself--I moved from Chicago to Denver almost 4 years ago and the one thing i took notice of right away was how many people out here are driving the Subaru's.

I never saw this many people back in Chicago or out in the burbs driving these vehicles,it kind of made wonder...am i missing out on something here? Did i just make a mistake buying my 2006 Hyundai Sonata??

Me and my fiancee' just made our 8th road trip from Denver to Chicago and back so she could run the marathon out there and it dawned on me--My Sonata has almost 100k...how much longer?? It's a nice car,and knock on wood has had no problems yet. I have owned both Toyota's and Honda's with good luck,but--i want something that will withstand many road-trips,is comfortable,has cargo space,and is good in the winter.

I didn't want to make this a long thread,but i wanted to disclose as much as i could for others to help me out here. Thanks.

Welcome! :)

if you...

... want something that will withstand many road-trips,is comfortable,has cargo space,and is good in the winter...

...the Right Answer is a Subaru Wagon! :banana:

Basically you'll got a Vehicle that has a Unique Reputation of Long Lasting, Amazing 4WD / All Wheel Drive Capabilities (Just Visit the Off Road Section) and a Woderfull Engine: Boxer ... with all the Advantages of Modern Tech... etc, etc, etc...

Subarus are more used where Hard Winter Conditions / Off Roading Situations are Common; That's Why you'll see more in Certain Areas... Not Only of USA but of the World.

I Hope this Li'l introduction to Subies will Help You. :)

Kind Regards.

Denver does a decent job of plowing snow on 1_25 and I-70, and other main thru roads like Federal, Speer, etc. But, Denver does not plow side streets at all, where people live. I lived South of Wash Park, the night we got 33 inches of snow, and everything was closed for 2 days, well i went out and dug around my car, but the city plows NEVER came down my street, not in 2 days, not in 3 days, not in a week. They simply save money by not plowing most sidestreets. I noticed, people with big full size trucks were stuck in the middle of most streets. But, Subarus were going right on by, going about normal business. That was when i got into Subarus, my friend had one and his was like a tank. That might explain it some. Along with the fact Subarus have HOT heat, pretty decent gas milage, and lots of room. Nothing else can compete for what they sell for. Just watch out if you get into a new Subaru, they dont come with all season tires anymore, so you will find yourself purchasing new tires for one asap so you can get around.

Edited by bheinen74