Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Different Injectors, Does it matter?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 gbianchi

gbianchi

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Cda,Id.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

Just read threw all this injector stuff as my wifes legwag 90 manual finally had an injector prob, knowing nothing about it, except they are kinda pricey went to the yard pulled the right side fuel rail with both injectors red tops off a 94 auto, installed the whole piece and it fired right up idles smooth as it should runs as it should, to soon for mileage numbers but no ECU swap and it looks as if its good to go, Subaru legos are plug and play............G

oh ya 14bucks out the door!:burnout:

#27 mikaleda

mikaleda

1000+ member!

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • priest lake, Idaho

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

I just got through reading this thread and I am not sure but what years of injectors are compatible (there is a lot of info in this thread hard to absorb it all)
It sounds like 90-94 2.2 is compatible auto or Manuel. What other years are compatible for the 2.2
I have a full set of red top auto injectors out of a 95 impreza and would like to know what they will fit in without ecu swap
Btw good thread you guys should make this a sticky

Edited by mikaleda, 06 December 2012 - 08:54 PM.

#28 nicsurabus

nicsurabus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Boise, Idaho

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

I know this is like beating a dead horse, but in the beginning of this post, it was stated that I could simply swap the injectors and rails (red top) and go. But later, it says that I need the ECU as well. I have only found the red tops in MT cars, and on a Ford, at least, you absolutely cannot swap a MT ECU into an AT car. The idle speed tables and timing tables are completely different between the two.

Please clarify this for me, as Ive found dozens of red top injectors and rails, but NON of these cars still have an automatic. Thanks!!

#29 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,505 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:10 AM

Injectors don't care what ECU they're hooked to. They all run on 12V. If they plug in and fit in the rails they'll work.
I've swapped red to grey and back again in two different cars (one auto, one manual) not a bit of difference as far as I could tell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users