Ultimate Subaru Message Board

here ya go:

http://www.1stsubaruparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=63&products_id=403&osCsid=a88fbe0b4cb269c9505646d699115ad0

you could get new plug wires too if yours are really old but i wouldn't replace a coil pack unless you knew it was bad. getting any misfire codes?

run some 1/3 a can of seafoam in the gas and 1/3 down a vacuum hose that feeds all four cylinders. using a baby bottle to slowly feed the seafoam in works really well. that and the tune-up kit should smooth things out a bit.

here ya go:

http://www.1stsubaruparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=63&products_id=403&osCsid=a88fbe0b4cb269c9505646d699115ad0

you could get new plug wires too if yours are really old but i wouldn't replace a coil pack unless you knew it was bad. getting any misfire codes?

run some 1/3 a can of seafoam in the gas and 1/3 down a vacuum hose that feeds all four cylinders. using a baby bottle to slowly feed the seafoam in works really well. that and the tune-up kit should smooth things out a bit.

Naw, no codes. It just rolled 140k, so I figured its time for a tune-up, since it's probably never had one.

I'm not too keen on using seafoam, that stuff is nasty and I don't want it in my motor. I've had a couple firing issues, so I may get some new coil packs if they aren't too expensive.

dang, you have some low miles on that 93. i for the first time ran seafoam through my wife's 93 legacy. honestly, it really is like day and night.

that being said, i haven't gotten the balls to run that stuff through my outback so i know where you're coming from.

I have read that Seafoam does a good job cleaning out engine deposits, but others have said that it is tough on engine seals. This may or may not be true.

Suggest replacing the plug wires and spark plugs first. I wouldn't replace the coil pack unless it is causing a misfire. There is no moving parts in a coil pack, so they don't break that often.