Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Push bar/brush guard for gen 1 Legacy?

I apologize if I missed something while searching but I couldn't find any source for a push bar and brush guard for my 93 Legacy. Could someone please tell me what my options are? I'd prefer a direct bolt-on but I'd be willing to have custom mounting brackets fabbed if needed. I'm sure that someone has already been down this road and I'd greatly appreciate your expertise. TIA.

No - you didn't miss anything. They don't make them - at least Subaru never did and I don't know of any aftermarket suppliers in the US. There's probably a number of them in Austrailia where "roo-bars" are a common sight on newer Subaru's. Unfortunately there is very little (like virtually none other than what fits from newer models) aftermarket support for what amounts to an 18 year old japanese sedan/wagon.

GD

Thanks. That's pretty much the situation I expected but I had a glimmer of hope that some small shop or member might be making them. I guess if I want one it will have to be either semi-custom or full custom. There's a small metal fabrication shop near me that I'll hit up for an estimate.