Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cruise control actuator vacuum hose question?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gusto11071

gusto11071

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • NYC

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:38 PM

I own a 1999 Forester with a vacuum hose leak somewhere, after looking around I noticed that the vacuum hose for the cruise control actuator was not connected after a motor install. Now I notice a lot more GAS consumption and a high & low idle. Can anyone tell me where this hose goes connected to? I looked around and did not noticed any solenoids that did not have any hoses connected to them. Weird thing cause the car was fine when I got it back from the mechanic a month ago. Any suggestions anyone?:eek:

#2 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,568 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:40 PM

Take it back and let him find it?

Plug the line for now and see if that helps.

Are you saying it is disconnected from the cruise or you can not find the mating connection in the maze of vacume lines.

There also should be a vacume map under the hood that should help. If you lay the hose down where it is, it will hold its shape and should point you towards where it should be connected.

#3 gusto11071

gusto11071

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • NYC

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:13 PM

quote:
Are you saying it is disconnected from the cruise or you can not find the mating connection in the maze of vacume lines. quote: :lol:

It turns out that the NEW or replacement motor did not have a connector for the cruise control. So, it has a freeze plug where the Cruise control vacuum hose connects to. I ordered a connector from SUBARU $14.00 it comes in two days, not a stock item. I have a feeling that this connector and cruise control hose is not going to fix my unusual idling of the motor, not to mention it is burning a lot more fuel than before. I already changed the spark plugs, and the wires. Also has new OEM PCV valve as well. The coil is good ALL 4 are sparking pretty strong. the only thing is that the spark plugs I used are BOSCH Platinum and the ones that where in there where NGK, weird misfire, or vacuum problem?

#4 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,568 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:48 PM

You cant cure an asthmatic that has a hole in their lung. Right now with a vacume hose off anything is possible.

Give us miles, transmission and what has been done over the last 6 months or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users